As you know we spent the first bit of October in hospital with Ryan, I won't bother putting in all the details here as that is most likely redundant. If, however, you somehow didn't know about this feel free to email and ask - I'll fill you in!
I thought with the pictures I'd focus on the happy ones, we have a few great photos of Ryan playing while in hospital. He was such an amazing little guy and had smiles for anyone who would give him attention and that was a lot of people - nurses, doctors, cleaning staff, surgeons, volunteers, and of course the friends who came to visit - thanks!In this photo you can see the three 'comfort' items Ryan had with him in hospital - all from Canada. There's the Care Bear from Uncle Nathan, the wee yellow blanket from Aunt Danielle and the fuzzy blue blanket from Brad and Heather.
The hospital had this great room called the Sensory Room - it was amazing! It was` completely padded with white mats and a large round bean bag-type thing (but much firmer) in the middle. There was a mirror ball hanging from the ceiling, black lighting, tubes of water with bubbles and multi-coloured lights shining through, fibre optic cables - all sorts. It was a great room to relax or play in - Chris has dreams of having one in our house one day!!
While in hospital a purchase we had recently made arrived: a Raffi CD! We played it several times while in hospital and had great fun singing and dancing to classics like Down By the Bay, Going to the Zoo, Bumping Up and Down in My Little Red Wagon . . . it was great! (For those who don't know, Raffi is a Canadian children's singer from when Chris and I were little).So, while I wouldn't recommend spending a week in hospital, if it comes to that make the most of it. De-stress by having as much fun as you can!


No comments:
Post a Comment