I should have enough time before Ryan wakes up to get this third installment about October done. The theme is family fun so there are pics of all of us in this one! The photo below was taken on 15 Oct, a beautiful, sunny afternoon. We had gone for a drive around the Black Isle and then on up to Strathpeffer and north of Marybank. In the background (to the left of Sarah) you can see Ben Wyvis, the nearest munro (hill over 3000 ft) to Inverness.

The next 2 pictures are of Chris and I playing with Ryan. As Chris is constantly noting, Ryan is a lot more fun than he used to be now that he really responds to and interacts with you. It is fun to get down on the floor with him and play with his toys - showing him what his toys can do/be used for - or being used as a jungle gym.
Ryan is often far more interested in the things that we have or are using that he is in his own toys. Here you can see him checking out Chris' i-pod - a few seconds later and it was in his mouth!!
Ryan is right into standing and climbing and enjoys clambering all over us. This morning I was sorting some change on the floor. I had positioned myself so that I and the basket of toys were between Ryan and the money. This worked for about 2 minutes, after which he noticed the clinking noise I was making with the coins. He was so curious that he climbed onto and over the basket of toys until he was half on me, half on the basket and hanging down over where the money was!!
This is Fiona, Ryan's babysitter. What does this have to do with family fun you ask? Well, we feel it's very important and fun for the whole family to have a babysitter. It means that Ryan has another friend to play with and that Chris and I can have some fun just the two of us.We're really fortunate to have found Fiona, she's really good with Ryan and they seem to have fun together.
Here's a fun picture of Chris and Ryan together and a good example of what Chris means when he says Ryan is more fun now. You can manipulate him, throw him around, upside down (which he loves) on the shoulders . . . things that don't work so well with a newborn!!The shirt that Ryan is wearing says 'I'm a hug waiting to happen' which is so true. Ryan is such a huggable baby.
One last picture of Ryan. This was taken the day he turned 8 months and he's wearing his Halloween themed shirt that says: I'm a little pumpkin.

1 comment:
You and Chris make it look so easy Sarah! Thanks for sharing, it's great for someone like me (planning to have kids in the not-too-distant future but still a little unsure of how it all works). It's fun to see how great, challenging and fun having a baby can be. And I really appreciate the candidness of your posts and emails.
:) Wendy
Post a Comment