Friday, November 07, 2008

Chris and Elaine

As I've said many times before - I don't know where the time is going to! My last longer update was a month ago and I thought that things were beginning to slow down but instead we continued to move at warp speed. Now Christmas is beginning to appear on the horizon and I can hardly believe it!
I would like to go back in time to September for a little bit. At the beginning of September our friends Chris and Elaine came to visit us from Scotland - we had an amazing time and this was a big highlight for us. Chris W (to differentiate from my Chris) loves photography and after being with us for a week had taken just under 1000 photos!! I got these onto my computer and have slowly been working my way through them - still need to name them, but I've picked out a few of my favourites (there are SO MANY great ones) and over the next number of postings I'll going to share some with you. This is us with Elaine and Chris at my parents place. They arrived late afternoon on a Friday and we immediately packed them up and drove them to Blind River - what better place to recover from jet lag we figured!

Chris is playing with Ryan and the Western Town!

Elaine is singing 'Long and Wide and High and Deep' to Kieran - that reminds me, I need the words to the verse Elaine! Every now and then Ryan will start singing it and I'm missing a line in the verse!

More fun and games with Ryan!
During the driving parts of our trip (we borrowed a van so we would all fit in one vehicle) Elaine was sitting beside Ryan. She taught him a fun, though tiring game: when you see a car coming you say 'It's coming, it's coming, it's coming' repeatedly until right when it passes and then you say 'It's gone!' This is best playing in the dark. Well Ryan still plays this game. He'll go first and then say 'Mummy, your turn!'

Even though this was the first week of September the weather was amazing and we were even able to do a little swimming. Well, Ryan swam, Elaine got very wet playing with him and I waded and watched carrying Kieran!
The two Chris' had gone rock jumping - more on that another day.





















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is sooo cool. Ah the memories. Blind River was a big highlight of our trip, we both could have stayed there for weeks. Big thanks to Bernard and Liz for having us stay with them, we loved being there.

Elaine loves that Ryan is still playing the car game....very cool.

We were round at Alan and Gillian Brown's last night for tea and I took my laptop and projector and showed them a small sample of my 2000 photos. They loved them, and couldn't believe how big Ryan was, and how blonde his hair was.

Looking forward to your next update.

Chris and Elaine.

PS. here are the words to the song.

Wide and Long and High and Deep
Wide and Long and High and Deep
Wide and Long and High and Deep
Is the Love of Jesus

Wide and Long and High and Deep
Wide and Long and High and Deep
Wide and Long and High and Deep
Is the Love of Jesus for us.

And we pray that we will know this love
and we pray that we will grow in love
and we pray that we will be filled up
with the Spirit of God.

Unknown said...

Keep up the good work, and we are looking forward to seeing you all. love Nana J

Anonymous said...

That was a great visit with Chris and Elaine! Love to have them anytime! Next time to stay longer! Great pics!
Love Mom