Monday, January 22, 2007

My 2 Trips to Stirling!

I might only be 11 months old but how many of you can say you've been to Stirling Castle twice? (Mom and Dad be quiet, your half dozen times doesn't count since I wasn't even born for most of those trips).

My first trip to Stirling was with Grandmere when I was only 2 months old. We had a great day starting with a stop at Bannockburn (where Robert the Bruce beat the English) and then a tour 'round the castle. Unfortunately, I slept through a lot of it so it's a good thing I got to go back!

Here we are at the Castle, that's me all snuggly in the carrier - sleeping again!


For our second trip to Stirling we went by train. There were reserve tickets on the backs of the seats, Grandma and Grandpa kept playing with them and I was worried they would wreck them so I gave them a 'substitute' ticket - worked like a charm!


That's me in the stroller - asleep again, but not to worry I didn't stay that way for very long. See the wee tower to the right of mommy, that's the Wallace Monument. The next picture has it slightly better.


The building behind us there is the Great Hall. It's very cool with a high ceiling that's actually an upside down boat! There's also a big table with two thrones behind it - check out the next photo - see who's king!
Finally, our day ended with a stop at the Argyll's Lodging - no big deal, but isn't this a great picture of daddy and me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ryan- you have such an impressive vocabulary! So advanced for your age. Julie