Friday, October 03, 2008

Update

It's been a while since my last update so here goes . . .
I thought August zoomed by well September went by at approximately the same high speed! When one's husband is gone most weekends to help build a cottage it makes for trying to make the most of evenings when he is home and one week just sort of runs into the next. I'm am super excited to report that this weekend is supposed to be the last weekend he's away for a while! Between laundry, cooking, laundry, cleaning, laundry, playing . . . how could I foget how much luandry and baby makes?! . . . I haven't had much time for sorting pictures and blogging.


Meanwhile, how are the kids doing? Both are great and growing! Ryan has ventured into the wonderful world of toilet training. It started at the end of August - if he was naked he would do great and as soon as you put anything on him he would have an accident. Since then we've progressed to the point that today he's been fully clothed and had no accidents - we haven't left the house today. That would be the next step - to learn that there are indeed toilets outside of our house that he can use! He is pretty amazing though - he can go entirely on his own (wearing underwear but not very well with pants, they're harder to get off and on) which is great when I'm stuck feeding Kieran and can't help him. This photo is of Ryan helping me to make pancakes - he loves doing this!


Kieran is a joy - he is laughing and talking and kicking and cooing and hand sucking and doing all the things a 4 month baby should do! Many have asked about the breastfeeding. I eventually got onto the domperidone and it did help but not to the point of being able to exclusively breastfeed. I'm guessing that he gets about half breastmilk half formula. Since we aren't exclusively breasfeeding Dr. Newman's people said I could start him on solids - they suggested this 2 weeks ago but I felt he was still a bit small and waited until today to give it a go! Kieran had his first taste of pear today, he ate the entire tablespoon or so that I had made for him and probably would have eaten more but I had already put the rest into the freezer for the rest of the week.

Ryan still loves Kieran and gives him lots of kisses and I often hear him echoing things that we say to Kieran like: darling, it's ok, what's the matter?, sweetheart . . . it's very cute. Yesterday Ryan and I were playing peek-a-boo with Kieran and he was loving it - we even got his first real laughs out of him!

I have tons of pictures to go through and share with you. I will do my very best to get some new ones posted soon but life is so unpredictable there are never any guarentees! We had our friends Chris and Elain visit us from Scotland for a week and Chris took nearly 1000 photos that week - I downloaded them onto our computer and I've narrowed it down to about 600 - I still have some more weeding out to do!

No comments: