I can't believe we're already half way through September! Where did August go? As I look through our pictures I can see where it went - lots of work for Chris and lots of time with the boys for me!We have finally moved into our new room - this is one of the things that has kept Chris busy. When he wasn't helping his dad build their new cottage he was at home putting the finishing touches on our new room.
For now, Kieran is sleeping in our room. The next project is to fix a hole in his room (we had some leaking) and then we can move him in. Thankfully, he's a quiet sleeper and doesn't seem too bothered by our noise either.
One of the weekends that Chris spent working at his dad's cottage the boys and I went along and stayed with his aunt and uncle in near-by Kingston. We made it up to the cottage for an afternoon and the boys got to see Nana and Grandpa!
Ryan and Nana having fun in her swing.
That evening, before heading back to Kingston, we went for a boat ride with Grandpa. Ryan's delight in the trip is obvious on his face!
Another of the weekends that Chris was away I got a crick in my neck - I wasn't sure how I was going to care for 2 demanding little people and not scream in pain. Thankfully, Aunt Myra and Aunt Karin came to the rescue. One spent the morning with us and one the afternoon - great tag-teaming!The next day my neck was feeling much better and we ventured down to the beaches with Aunt Myra. Here's Kieran in his too-cool shades!
At the beaches Ryan discovered a new passion: chasing birds! He must have spent an hour running back and forth on the beach chasing sea gulls, those gulls have never been worked so hard!
The third and final weekend that Chris was away his mom came out for a day to help out which was so great! We ended our fun day with a trip to DQ - yum!
Later in August I got to see 2 special friends. My friend Wendy came back from Nova Scotia with her little guy Caleb and they came up to see us one afternoon. It was so great to see her, meet Caleb (who is a cutie) and swap baby stories.My friend Jessica was in Picton for a couple of weeks so we went out to visit them for a day. What an eye opener to see what it's like to have a 3 year old and 2 year old twins - I think I prefer my single babies, that's enough work for me!
This is Ryan and Kieran with Jess' girls.
Finally, the last weekend in August was spent at a cottage on Sauble Beach with Aunt Myra. It was a much needed break from the chaos our life had been up till then. We got to relax, lie on the beach, swim, read, and have time together as a family - it was amazing!
I love this Picture of Chris and Kieran chilling out.
I'll end the blog the way we ended our days at the cottage: with a beautiful sunset! That's my summary of August so that I can move onto September, which, believe it or not, has been very busy again!



3 comments:
wow I love all your pictures and reading what you have been up to. It looks like you have been real busy. Ryan looks really grown up and kieran looks very cool in his shades.
Love to you all from all of us.
It was great to see you and Ryan and to meet Kieran too! I was only sad that we missed Chris. I hope you guys will make it out to NS sometime...you'll always have a place to stay :)
Love Wendy
That was a very informative last couple of blogs, I feel I am all caught up!! I LOVE the pic of Jess' girls with your boys, and the ones with Maddie and Lily too. Ryan is so handsome, and Keiran's looking really strong.
All's good here!
Julie H
Post a Comment