Monday, July 14, 2008

Big Boys Weekend

For the July long weekend (July 1st is Canada Day) Chris and Ryan went away together! Kieran and I were planning to go with them but due to the feeding challenges we decided to stay and home and focus on that while the 'big boys' had quality time together. The purpose of the weekend was for the Perron family reunion (Chris' mom's family). Several aunts and cousins live out west and many of them came for the reunion. Chris was very excited to catch up with them and introduce them to Ryan. The reunion was at a cottage on White Lake outside of Ottawa. Chris and Ryan went canoeing and swimming and had a blast!


Chris and Ryan stayed with our friends Bruce and Julie for the weekend - they live just over an hour from where the reunion was so that worked out really well. Chris got only one picture of Julie and it was very unflattering so I decided not to post it - instead you get Bruce with each of their girls - Bronwyn - a few months younger than Ryan and Holly - a few months older than Kieran.

From the stories I heard and the pictures I saw they had a great time and next time Kieran and I will definitely be joining them on the trip. It was a good couple of days just the 2 of us though - I got a lot of rest and being able to focus only on Kieran helped me learn some of his hungry/tired cues.

No comments: