
Sep 9th we moved into a new flat, it is so great to have more room. Ryan now has his own room, I have enough room to have my scrapbooking stuff set up, we've got great windows letting in lots of natural light and there's much more space for Ryan to move about in and does he ever move! He is not always happy for you to leave him in a room and will very quickly start to follow you.
Right: Ryan is 'helping' me unpack.
I've picked out a few pics to try and give you some idea of what the flat is like - we're on the 1st floor for people from the UK or the 2nd floor for people from North America, either way we're one up from ground floor!

Here's the kitchen - it's long and narrow but has a tonne of storage space. We also have more counter space than we did in the old place.

This isn't the best pic but I thought it showed the living room the best. The door at the top right leads to the kitchen, to the left are the windows and bottom right would be the door leading to the hallway. Chris is standing on the other couch to take this picture.
Below is a picture of Ryan's room taken from the doorway. To the right, behind the door (all the doors in this place open backwards, into the room - drives Chris nuts!!) is a single bed which serves as our changing/getting dressed area. Directly across from Ryan is a set of open back shelves where I have baskets with his clothes in it and one shelf will hold books when we get bookends to keep them upright!

Ryan loves to stand these days and this is a great place for him to practice becuase the rail is at just the right height and its a soft landing if he falls! In the living room the couches are just a bit too high for him to be comfortable - though I will sometimes take the cushions off and then it works great.
Finally, my favouite moving day picture: more help from Ryan!


1 comment:
Thanks for posting the pics! It's nice to get an idea of what your place looks like and see Ryan as he's changing!
I hope I get to meet him before he's too grown up...he looks like such a cutey!
-- Wendy
Post a Comment