Way back in September we went to Boston for 5 days with Chris' sister Stephanie to visit Aunt Karin. We had an amazing time: whale watching, drive to Cape Cod, lots of walking around Boston including the Harvard campus and I could go on. As you can see I am way behind in my blogging - more on that later - so I'm going to keep the writing to a minimum and hope you enjoy the photos!This is Boston Harbour as we were on our way out on a whale watching tour. It was great and we saw lots of whales - I didn't include any photos because I'm too lazy to crop them so that you could see something!!
While Chris, Steph and I went whale watching, Aunt Karin took Ryan to the beach and they had a 'whale' of a time, tee hee! Bless Aunt Karin for taking Ryan for the day - made the boat trip more enjoyable not having to run around after our toddler!
One day we took a drive to Plymouth Rock. Now, being Canadian, I had never even seen a picture of Plymouth Rock - though I did know enough to know that this is the rock where the Pilgrims first landed. Now, in my mind it was always a rather large and impressive looking rock, I was a little disappointed when I saw the real thing:
Yup, that's the rock where the Pilgrim landed! Behind us in the next picture you can see the monument that's been built to preserve the rock.
Here is Ryan marching off to the Mayflower - a replica of the ship that brought the first Pilgrims over from Europe.

And finally, a picture of us on the 'Make Way for Ducklings' statue in one of the many parks in Boston. We were so impressed with the amount of green space in Boston - it is a very beautiful city that I would recomment to anyone as worthwhile visiting.'Make Way for Ducklings' is a book that I had to buy for Ryan as a souvenir!


No comments:
Post a Comment